I’ve finally figured out how to make sweet & sour sauce. It might not be authentic, but it tastes similar, and it’s tad simple. I just ate the whole serving of sweet and sour pork (substitute it with chicken if you don’t eat pork), and I am full. Here is the original recipe
- Pork, find the one cut for stew
- Egg, beaten
- Cornstarch, if you don’t have cornstarch, just substitute it with flour (just double the portion)
- Salt & Pepper
- Bell peppers, diced. Mix red and green peppers for better presentation.
- 1 Onion, diced
- 3 tbs vinegar
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs ketchup
- First, we are going to deep fry some pork, so season the pork with salt and pepper, and mix it with beaten egg, and add 1 tbs of corn starch. Mix it well
- So deep fry the pork, and drain the oil
- Then we are going to make the sweet & sour sauce. Mix sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, and ketchup together, and add 50 ml of water. Mix them thoroughly
- Next fry the bell peppers and onions, and pour in the sweet & sour sauce. Let it cook for awhile, and 1.5 tbs water and 1.5 tbs cornstarch again.
- Now, after the whole mixture simmered and the sauce thickened, add in the pork again, and mix it.
- Serve !