Omurice (Omelette rice) is basically rice wrapped with an omelette. It could be fried rice, or hayashi rice, or chicken rice with tomato sauce. The idea is to have fluffy egg eaten together with the rice.
Obviously the one I made here is flawed, the egg is supposed to be yellow, not overly cooked, but it still tastes good though.
- 4 beaten eggs
- Dairy creamer, or milk
- Cooked rice, left overnight / cooled. 1 portion
- Chicken, cut to bite-sized
- Mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Canned tomato, around 3 tbs
- Tomato ketchup, 1 tbs
- White wine, 1 tbs
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil
- Chicken bouillon, 1 tbs
- Bay leaf, 1 piece
- First, beat up the eggs, along with 1 tbs of dairy creamer, and season it with salt
- Heat up a pan with some olive oil, and start frying the garlic till it’s aromatic
- Add in the onion, and fry till it’s lightly browned
- Add in the chicken, and fry till it’s lightly browned
- Add in the mushroom, and fry till it’s fully coated with the oil
- Switch to medium heat, and add in the canned tomato, tomato ketchup, rice, bay leaf, and chicken bouillon. Fry till the mixture is not too soggy
- Remove the rice from the pan
- On another pan (or wash the existing one), add in oil and swirl it.
- Add in the egg mixture and swirl it, till the whole thing is cooked
- Now while adjusting the amount of it, put in the rice into the middle of the egg, and start folding just a small part of the edges of the egg. Don’t fold the whole thing !
- Ready a large plate and cover the pan, and flip the pan over.
- Now you will have an egg covering the rice, adjust the edges of the egg, so it covers the rice beneath
- Serve with tomato ketchup !