I don’t like carbonara, because the one I tasted was ‘drenched’ with milk, and I don’t like plain milk. But this one is of course different, although it doesn’t taste as flavorful as Napolitan Spaghetti though.
- Spaghetti, boiled al-dente (aka firm, but not soft)
- Bacon stripes, handful
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- Green onion, 1 stalk, sliced
- Olive oil
- 1 Egg (yolk only)
- Soy sauce (optional)
- First boil the spaghetti till it’s al dente, and drain it
- Heat some olive oil in pan, and start to fry the bacon
- Add in the onion into the pan
- Fry till you can smell both bacon’s and onion’s fragrance
- Add in the spaghetti, and mix
- Place the egg yolk on a small bowl, and mix the spaghetti with the egg yolk (yes, raw egg yolk, beware of Salmonella btw)
- Drip some soy sauce, add in pepper and garnish it with green onion and nori.