- Mussels, a handful, cleaned
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped. You could just use one whole onion, it doesn’t matter
- 0.5 bellpepper, julienned
- 3 chili pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Beansprouts, handful (optional)
- 1 stalk of spring onion, chopped
- 1 – 2 tbs of tomato ketchup
- 1 tbs of sambal sauce
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of sugar
- First heat up the pan / wok with bit of cooking oil in it, and cook until the mussels are open. Transfer them, and dry them up, remove the excess liquid from them
- Add more cooking oil, and throw all the vegetables in, cook until it’s fragrant
- Add in both tomato ketchup and sambal sauce, stir until they are thoroughly mixed.
- Throw in the mussels, and add the salt and sugar. Mix thoroughly, and cook until it’s dry enough.