Quite a simple dish. It doesn’t require tons of ingredients, and it’s a soup, hence you just dump everything into a pot.
- Pork rib, or pork bones, since it might be hard to obtain ribs at times
- Raw peanuts
- Red dates
- Enough water to cover them
- Salt and pepper to taste
The ratio would be 1 part bones, 1 part peanuts, 0.5 part dates, and enough water to cover them all
- First boil some water and throw the pork rib and bones in. Skim off the impurities, and then drain the cooked pork.
- Now in a new batch of water, throw back in the pork bones / ribs, peanuts, red dates. And add in some salt
- Cook the soup in low to mid heat for around an hour, until the broth becomes darker.
- Again, season it with some salt, until you can distinguish the sweetness of the pork, and the flavour of the peanuts.
- Serve ! Perfect for colder days.