Because who doesn’t like sweet tender meat that melts in your mouth, and easy to cook.
- Pork belly, 250 gram, cut into bit sized pieces
- Rice wine, around 3 – 4 tbs
- Oyster sauce, 1 tbs
- Dark soy sauce, 1 tbs
- Light soy sauce, 2 tbs
- Vegetables, e.g. bell peppers and snow peas.
- Boil some water in pot or wok, throw in the pork belly, and let it cook for 1 minute or so.
- Drain the pork belly, and remove the impurities
- Add some cooking oil, and start cooking the pork until it starts to brown
- Add 2 – 3 tbs of sugar, into the oil, let it caramelized, so that the whole mixture becomes brown
- Combine the mixture of the sauces and rice wine, and pour into the wok / pot
- Mix thoroughly and then pour in enough water to cover. Let everything simmer for 45 – 60 minutes, until the meat becomes tender and the liquid is thoroughly reduced.
- If you have vegetables, now it’s time to throw them in, coat and stir fry them in the remaining sauce.
- Serve !