Another Chinese-Indonesian cuisine.
Originally based on my friend’s recipe, which I
butchered adapted to have more vegetables in it.
- Egg noodles
- Bean sprouts
- Chinese mustard greens
- Chicken breast, diced
- Spring onion, chopped.
- Mushroom, chopped
- Small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Oyster sauce, 1 tbs
- Sesame oil, 1 tsp
- Light soy sauce, 1 tbs
- Sweet soy sauce (kecap manis), 1 tbs
- First, stir fry the chicken breast, mushroom, onion, spring onion, and garlic with medium – low heat. Lightly season the mixture with salt. Set it aside.
- Boil some water in a pot, and cook the egg noodles, till it’s soft / al dente enough, then throw in the beansprouts and mustard greens. Cook the vegetables for around 30 seconds, to retain their crunchiness. Again, set these aside
- In a bowl / plate, mix the oyster sauce, sesame oil and light soy sauce together, maybe with tiny little bit of water.
- Now mix the noodles, the chicken and the sauce together.
- Top it with fried shallots and fried wonton dumplings, and you’re done!
- For the soup / broth, it’s just a mixture of chicken broth, spring onion, and garlic.